C.H.O.W. #1: WINTER WITCH/Work in Progress

12 Posts
5 Users
10 Likes
Legendor
(@lege)
Multi-Faceted Image Maker Admin
Topic starter  

Greetings all! This is the first Character of the Week (C.H.O.W.) forum challenge for this site, and no better way than to kick it off with a very cool topic, literally. For this week's challenge you will create a character design for a "Winter Witch". 

Character can be featured as male or female
Character can be featured with familiar if desired/ more info here:
familiar | demon | Britannica

Design a character based on the prompt given located in the Character of the Week "work in progress" forum thread here. There will be a deadline below to post all final images into the "finals" forum thread. This forum is to be used to post your works in progress. We want to see developing stages of the image here, so don't be shy in posting process pics. Once the deadline arrives you are to please post your finished work into the "finals forum" for this topic located here:
C.H.O.W. #1: WINTER WITCH/Finals – Character of the Week (C.H.O.W.) – AllOutArt Art Forums Forum (alloutart1.com)

The best of the C.H.O.W's will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Guidelines:

• No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)
  • 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased, online, assets are forbidden.
  • Absolutely NO A.I.!!
  • Studies are recommended, but not required. (Consider unisex anatomy studies of all ages.)
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • There are no restrictions on what you use to create your piece, digital, traditional; it just must be complete to be posted in the finals thread. 
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Please stick to the passage topic to be eligible for finals.

Rules:

• You must post at least one W.I.P. (Work in Progress) in the W.I.P.'s thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

-=DEADLINE=-

NO CURRENT DEADLINE AS OF NOW AS THIS SITE BUILDS UP A FOLLOWING. 

"Everything has been created, but not by you!"
-=Legend

Siblings
(@siblings)

Hi all! I'm new here! Looking forward to the creative action! 

I-God reacted
ReplyQuote
Legendor
(@lege)
Topic starter  

Let's get it crackin in here! 😎 

-=Legend

I-God reacted
ReplyQuote
Dr.Octagon
(@dr-octagon)

Yo this is dope Legend! Big ups! Looking forward to participating! 🙂 

Siblings and I-God reacted
ReplyQuote
Legendor
(@lege)
Topic starter  

@Dr.Octagon: Thank you bro and no doubt! Yes, get in where you can, even it's just some rough sketches! 😎 

Here is a rough first attempt of my Winter Witch. 

Chow1 WinterWitch 011423 w1

-=Legend

Siblings and I-God reacted
ReplyQuote
I-God
(@i-god)

Greetings from the U.K.! 

@Legendor: Great start and is that a snow shovel she is holding? I got something cooking my way

This post was modified 1 year ago by I-God

ReplyQuote
CBinnsIllustration
(@cbinnsillustration)

This should be a fun brief! Looking forward to participating... maybe i just dont see it but was there a deadline or this CHOW?

ReplyQuote
Legendor
(@lege)
Topic starter  

@I-God Yes, exactly instead of wielding a broom, she uses a snow shovel,lol. 🤣 

@cbinnsillustration Chris thanks so much for coming on here and no deadlines for anything right now. I will feature the deadlines above in the end of the forums briefing. Yes, this is a fun topic and right now I'm currently finishing up on the C.O.W. here which is coming along really well. You should also be able to customize your profile now that you made your first post. 👍

-=Legend

ReplyQuote
CBinnsIllustration
(@cbinnsillustration)

33B51371 EDE0 46FF 8D6C 42AFCF53D8AA

Let’s kick this off! Took a fun approach to this one, still a WIP. This little winter witch conjures her magic with her elite level sassy-ness and won’t be tidying her room anytime soon!

Siblings and Legendor reacted
ReplyQuote
Legendor
(@lege)
Topic starter  
Chow1 WinterWitch 011423 w2

@cbinnsillustration ah man, that is looking awesome and it's not even done! I love it so far! Great work dude! 👍

-=Legend

Siblings reacted
ReplyQuote
Legendor
(@lege)
Topic starter  

This is pretty much what I conclude as my final. This was definitely a fun one, and continued learning experience. 

Winter Witch: The winter witch spends her days in her frozen wonderland; learning, conjuring, and casting new spells. She is a protector of the energy of all things dead and dies out for a short period of time in the Spring and Summer months, not to return until the last leaves have fallen in Autumn and the cool winds resurrect her back into her ways and craft for her to full fill yet another frozen annual journey and experience. 

Chow1 WinterWitch 011423 Fini IG

-=Legend

Siblings reacted
ReplyQuote
Siblings
(@siblings)

@cbinnsillustration and @legendor you guys really have some great stuff here. Cbinnsillustration I like your style a lot and Legendor, that looks really cool. 

ReplyQuote